The Indian government has ordered the excavation of a major religious temple in the search for gold and silver.
Still believe gold and silver are barbarous relics?
An inventory of what lies beneath the Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Thiruvananthapuram, as reported on the website Business-Standard.com and others, reads like a prop list from an “Indiana Jones” movie:
- Rubies, sapphires, emeralds and pearls
- Replicas of coconut shells made of pure gold
- Hundreds of thousands of gold and silver coins, some dating to the 16th century
- Gold chains as long as 18 feet
- Solid-gold human figurines and idols
- Crowns and pendants
- Gold and silver bars
The wealth was amassed in at least six vaults, some of which had not been opened in 150 years, according to media reports. Click here for more: